- 1 sprig of fresh sage , leaves.
- 6 strips of pancetta or thinly sliced streaky bacon.
- 2 Garlic cloves.
- 1 medium red onions.
- 2 big handful breadcrumbs
- 1 handful dried apricots
- 300 g sausage meat.
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 large free-range egg
- freshly ground black pepper
- 12 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- Heat a saucepan until medium hot and add a splash of the olive oil, the sage leaves and the pancetta or bacon strips. Peel and chop 2 garlic cloves and 1 onion.
- Add the garlic, onion to the saucepan and fry everything gently until soft and golden brown.
- Take the pan off the heat, add the breadcrumbs and, while the mix is cooling down, chop the apricots roughly and stir them in.
- When the stuffing has cooled down, add the pork, lemon zest, nutmeg, egg and lots of salt and pepper, and mix everything together really well.
- Use to stuff one of our delicious turkeys or cook in a seperate tin and serve.